Submitting articles to naturalhealthcare.ca
Becoming a featured content contributor to NHC
Interested in writing an article for us?
Articles are an excellent way to demonstrate your expertise and instill confidence in potential clients. It's a marketing tactic that has worked for many people in the natural health sector, turning practitioners into household names.
There are many benefits to authoring an article to be hosted on naturalhealthcare.ca. First and most obviously, we will promote it (and you) to our readership. Second - and in the long run possibly more valuable - articles hosted on a topic-specific website that is considered an "authority site" will be placed higher in search engines than the same article would be on a smaller site, as well having a topic-specific quality link to your own website.
So bearing that in mind, if you are interested in writing for us, we need a few things from you to make the process go smoothly for us both.
1. Be as specific as you can about the topic and focus of the piece - or better still suggest a couple of topics. This will help narrow down the number of emails that go back and forth as we figure out what the piece is going to look like. It also helps you get the maximum benefit from the work since it will be easier to place in the search engines for the keywords.
2. Be open to editing for tone and health statements. We're not big on hyperbole and overstating the value of a therapy or treatment. If you are going to make a health claim, please identify the source of the claim, either a study, the traditional use origins, or explanation of why it works the way you say it does.
3. The piece is not an ad. It should be legitimate content that demonstrates your knowledge of the topic, without mentioning your business every two sentences (we do post business profiles, but those are clearly identified up front). Your name, business name and link will appear mid-way down the page in an inset box, and then again at the bottom with additional details about your area of expertise.
4. Attach your bio. This should be a one- or two-paragraph blurb that functions both to introduce you to our team, and as the author block for the footer of your article.
5. How long? We're not sticklers for word count, though as a guideline, we say: target 1,000 words. Because it isn't print, we don't have a specific slot to fill and the pages can expand and contract as necessary.
Here are some topic ideas that we've been bouncing around here that we haven't had the time to write:
You could tackle one of these or suggest a topic of your own.
Send your suggestion to Danica at dani(at)naturalhealthcare(dot)ca - she's good about replying quickly.
Next post: CHFA product reviews: Celtic Sea Salt, Cheeky Monkey, Lovemore, Koochikoo 2015-09-24 10:49:32
Other posts tagged :
· [CHFA product reviews: Celtic Sea Salt, Cheeky Monkey, Lovemore, Koochikoo] · [Our Fast 5s -- first impressions from CHFA Expo East] · [VIDEOS: 31st Veg Food Fest (2015)] · [Recipe: Mushroom, Stone-fruit, Wilted Kale Salad] · [Your chance to win! The Prizing Station goes online for the Total Health Show!] · [For Business: Our top 5 tips for using Twitter efficiently] · [Fall recipes: Pumpkin soup] · [CHFA Top 5 -- Our annual round up of first impressions and favourite finds!] · [Sumac: for seasonings and lemonade] · [Touring the roof garden at the Royal York Hotel] · [Death of Evidence Rally, Ottawa, July 10 (2012)]
CHFA product reviews: Celtic Sea Salt, Cheeky Monkey, Lovemore, KoochikooMaira and Gisela review Celtic Sea Salt (Herbes de Provence), Cheeky Monkey, Lovemore (Shortbread), Koochikoo (No Sugar Cookies)
Our Fast 5s -- first impressions from CHFA Expo EastFast 5s: Favourite first finds from the 2015 CHFA Expo East!
VIDEOS: 31st Veg Food Fest (2015)Video Playlist: 31st Veg Food Fest, presented by the Toronto Vegetarian Association
Recipe: Mushroom, Stone-fruit, Wilted Kale SaladSummer salad using the best of local produce -- kale, mushrooms, and stone fruit
Your chance to win! The Prizing Station goes online for the Total Health Show!One week to win: In conjunction with the Prizing Station at the Total Health Show, we are bringing you opportunities to win great natural health prizes online!
Send general email to email@example.com
For our full address and list of email contacts, see the Contact Us page
· Acupuncture & TCM
Other NHC news:
Interested in a career in natural health care? Click here to find out about the Student's Guide to Natural Health Training.
Blog post: Understanding Our Editorial Choices, by Gisela McKay
At the computer for long periods? Find information and prevention tools
Workplace Wellness Programs: bring healthy ideas to your workplace...
Bio Intolerance Elimination: An exciting new approach to allergy relief
Read the #naturalhealth incanada Daily! Click here for news, recipes, opinions from Canadian naturalhealth practitioners.
Natural Healthcare Canada - the Canadian reference.
for Complementary and Alternative Healthcare;
developed by pixcode web development; housed at GreenInstead and founding partners of Bliss Pass .