Natural Health Glossary
Medical Terms, Therapies, Accreditation
Don't forget to check the Herbal Remedies/Herbology 101 reference for more definitions!
¤ Click here to jump to studies. ¤
- A fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter;Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms;Of, relating to, yielding, or involving the use of food produced with the use of feed or fertilizer of plant or animal origin without employment of chemically formulated fertilizers, growth (more info - organic)
Search results for other NHC pages containing: organic
- Organizational Citizenship Behaviours (OCBs)
- OCBs are (positive) work-related actions and interactions that are the result of personal choice - in other words, actions that go above ad beyond the call of duty. They are performed purely on the initiative of the individual (employee, manager, director) as opposed to being specified or dictated (more info - Organizational Citizenship Behaviours (OCBs))
Search results for other NHC pages containing: Organizational Citizenship Behaviours (OCBs)
- Also: organochloride, chlorocarbon, chlorinated hydrocarbon, or chlorinated solvent.
An organic compound containing at least one covalently bonded chlorine atom (carbon and chlorine). Organochlorines, are mainly synthetic and include long-lasting industrial chemicals such as PCBs, dioxin and DDT. (more info - organochlorine)
Search results for other NHC pages containing: organochlorine
- 1. A class of biochemicals that contain phosphorus (phosphoric acid), including DNA and RNA.
2. The foundational component of insecticides that interfere with an insect's nervous system; also herbicides, nerve gasses.
Most commonly used to describe the category of pesticides that replaced organ (more info - organophosphates)
Search results for other NHC pages containing: organophosphates
(volatile organic compounds)
- Any of the naturally occuring (organic) chemicals that have a high vapour pressure and will become airborne at room temperature.
The term Volatile Organic Compound is often used in relation to organic solvents, paint additives, and fuels. Volatile Organic Compounds can be found in paint thinner, (more info - VOC)
Search results for other NHC pages containing: volatile organic compounds
Select a letter to see the terms & definitions:
These definitions are not intended as a standalone reference guide; they are linked from other pages for the convenience of the users of this site.